Thursday, December 11, 2008

Message from Pete

people are still asking for the only webpage address that they will ever need, so help them out and send the homeless page url to everyone on your personal email list. if you have material for the homeless, send it to me at my new email addy (torola [at] sbcglobal [dot] net or directly to pie.) or then go to yahoo search and type in pete torola's homeless page and the url will come up on pie's blog listing.

junking we called it. during the aftermath of ww2 all kinds of metal scrap and natural rubber was in high demand. most of my peers who were living in poverty (but no one told them they were poor so no one knew it) would scrounge the laurium dump for stuff. i had a real neat two wheel cart with large metal wheels about 2 feet in diameter, ideal for hauling my booty. one time i spotted a rubber car innertube and jumped from the top of the dump to its vicinity not knowing that the dump was burning underneath. i sunk about 2 feet into hot ashes and as a result got pretty badly burned. by the time i walked home about a mile, my legs were full of water blisters. my dad had me stand in a washtub and cut the blisters with a razor blade, then went to the drug store and got salve and bandage wrapping material. he took care of me changing the dressings about 4 times a day. i had no after effects from the incident. but more about junking later......